India, as the second largest producer of fruits and vegetables in the world, has an extensive customer base as well. With the growing popularity and demand for healthy and organic fruits and vegetables, the market is wider than ever. Considering the recent circumstances, an online fruits and vegetable business has a high probability of doing well due to the lockdown. Ensuring the high availability of your products can take you to the top. Here are some interesting factors that contribute to the success of an online fruits and vegetable business:
Benefits of Online Shopping for the customers:
- Online shopping saves a lot of time for the customers as they don’t have to roam around in search of a particular product.
- Online payment process is far more comfortable and preferable in the recent times.
- More and more customers are preferring online shopping of fruits and vegetables owing to the attractive discounts offered in the online shopping sites.
- The doorstep delivery is probably the most attractive feature of online shopping that saves a lot of hassle.
- Customers gain access to a plethora of options to choose from with the advantage of getting the delivery within 24 hours.
- Online business is able to offer personalized offers based on the shopping history of the customer, which puts them in a position of profit.
Now let’s look at what benefits online business brings forth for the vendors:
- An online business increases visibility and footfall.
- Significantly increased earnings.
- A platform for business growth.
To obtain the aforementioned benefits, set up a website with Sell Nicely today, to maximize your benefits and hike your sales. We offer you our services that will surely be of assistance for your start-up/ business venture and ensure its glorious success.
How to setup an online Fruits and Vegetables Retail Business?
As customers don’t have to put in any efforts to hop grocery shops in search of product, setting up an online venture for your fruits and vegetable business is definitely a brilliant idea with the never-ending demand for fresh grocery items in the Indian market. The online fruits and vegetable business mostly targets the urban customer with severe lack of shopping time. However, these businesses have also proven to profitable in small towns and cities. Here are some pointers that can lead to the success of your venture:
Finding your Business Niche:
Even though the fruit and vegetables category might seem like a limited one, you have to keep things practical and shortlist your products in that light. Keep things in stock according to the supply availability as well as keeping the local demand in mind.
Do extensive research to know more about your products such as their shelf-life, seasonal details etc.
Good management of Supplies:
Managing the supply of fruits and vegetables as perishable items can be challenging for any budding business entrepreneur. To stay in business and provide good quality products to your customers, you have to locate a reliable source that can supply you with fresh produce blended with good quality. Similarly, if you are planning to sell exotic fruit and vegetables, contact a supplier that specializes in imported fruits and vegetables.
It is possible to directly contact the farming organizations and its far more profitable than dealing with middlemen and suppliers. You get your freshly produced quality fruits directly from the farm which is much desirable for your customers.
This way, you have a concrete idea about the source of your products and thus, will be able to efficiently market them in that light.
Since customers in any way wouldn’t want toxic chemicals or harmful pesticides contained in their food items, it is best to offer products that are organic and naturally grown to be in sync with their demands.
Launching the Business Online:
Since location is a determining factor for every business, try figuring out the geographic location your business will be operating in. It will give you a general idea about the expenditure and will allow you to figure out the scope of deliveries.
Launching a website is an essential part of launching an online business. Can’t figure out a way to do it? Rely on Sell Nicely.
- Setting up an alluring as well as functioning website is of utmost importance. After all this is what will determine your popularity and customer base online. Sell Nicely offers you a variety of themed templates to choose form, helping you create the perfect website as per your preference.
- Setting up a website following the conventional methods can prove to be hefty for your purse. Sell Nicely gives you a unique opportunity of easily setting up your business on the platform without putting a pressure on your economical resources.
Careful Market Research:
Before jumping into the competitive market, it is crucial to gauge out your local competition and carefully research their goods and marketing strategy. Find your target market and customers as well.
Strategical Business Plan:
Any new business should have a strategical business plan that will help them navigate through the course of action and also will be effective in managing the business. Having a good business plan enables you to impress more investors and can get you loans from banks. Here are the things that should be included in your business plan:
- Your objectives and missions as a business venture.
- Ownership pattern
- Detailed list of products you will be selling
- Set up costs
- Employee structure
- A methodical marketing plan charted with proper analysis and research.
Licences and Permits for Online Business:
After official registration process is done with, be sure to get a licence for your fruits and vegetable retail business. Legal matters can confuse you with their jargons, it is best to consult a good lawyer who can walk you through the process and provide legal counsel in the times of need.
Your lawyer will also be able to guide you and give valuable insight on what licences and permits should be acquired. Usually for small scale retail businesses, a basic FSSAI licence is adequate.
A business cannot function with an individual. In order to get your business functioning it is crucial to hire employees. You will need employees for everything. For customer service, delivering your products, and transportation of supply and distribution. If you also own a physical market store, hiring a store manager is important. On the other hand, hiring professionals for maintaining your website is also advisable.
- Storage Facility:
As a retailer of perishable food items, you must have an admirable storage facility that will keep your daily wastage to a minimal. You must have good inventory management skills in order to maintain your stock and distribute fresh products constantly. A number of things should be taken in consideration. It is also important to make sure that the items are not damaged during transit, in both scenarios, when they are arriving from the suppliers as well as when they are being delivered to the customers.
It is a prudent step to obtain your supply as per your daily demand. Otherwise you can face consequential losses. Providing quality items should be your top business priority to set up a successful fruits and vegetable retail shop.
Sell Nicely has an effective inventory management tool that allows you to list different categories and subcategories for your products which will help you keep tract of your inventory supplies.
Consider several factors that can help you to gain leverage over your competitors as well as gives a chance to earn a steady profit. With the growing popularity of organic products, a large consumer is available for you. Be sure to strategically price your items to be successful in your venture.
Promoting your Brand:
Every online business has to resort to different marketing strategies including online brand promotion during this age of technology. The promotion should be done to obtain maximum reach and increase your brand visibility. Stand apart from your competitors in the market with Sell Nicely. Highlighting your unique selling points will surely get more and more customers interested. Here are a few things to consider while chalking your marketing strategies:
- Come up with a catchy brand name and attractive logo.
- Set up stalls in different food fairs that will promote your business.
- Be active on social media
- Give out discounts
- Inform your customers about the quality and production of your products to maintain transparency.
- Distribute pamphlets and fliers to generate interest.
- Talk about the downsides of consuming fruits and vegetables with harmful toxins and chemicals.
A fruit retail business in India has tremendous scopes and can ensure your success if managed adeptly. There is a fairly high foreign demand for Indian fruits as well. So, this venture of fruits and vegetable retailing has good prospects but just like other small-scale businesses it will take a significant time and huge efforts to construct a smoothly functioning and popular enterprise.
It all comes down to proper inventory management and the customer service skills that need hefty focus. Moreover, the quality of your product will ultimately determine your reputation.
If you are planning to start an online fruits and vegetables retail store, Sell Nicely can help you do so. We have the required solutions for building your online platform and can also aid you in functioning your business properly. At Sell Nicely, you will find reasonably priced solutions for building a top-class website that will take your hyper local business to newer heights.
To build your own online marketplace and check out our exciting services and features, visit our website today!